Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Conclusion - TD


But here I was, having done graduation, selling fruits on streets to making a living.

The first money I had made is just so priceless. I couldn’t believe that I had made money by selling fruits. As long as I earned money in legal ways, the satisfaction that I get is just so priceless.

If my dad took 8 – 10 hours a day to empty the cart, it hardly took me 4 hours to do so. 
The marketing skills that were taught in college somewhat helped me there in the process.

That day, after returning home, mom asked me if everything went well. I smiled at her and said, “Everything’s coming up so good.” Just give me some time. I will set everything in place.

I tried to avoid making a conversation with dad, coz it surely will hurt him if he gets to know that I was on this selling business which he never wanted for me to happen.

But he is smart enough as he caught me so easily one day while I had a conversation with mom about an incident that happened at the fruit yard.

Dad was literally upset with me doing all this, but I assured him about getting into a job soon. All that I was doing now is for the surviving purpose and it has nothing much to do with me in the long run.

“But still, I want to see you in a good position before I leave this world” Dad replied with a lot of pain in his words.

I can see him cry. I can also see mom doing the same. They both were crying. And I was there wondering still on what to do and how to do.?

The last thing that I wanted in my life is to see mom and dad cry. And today, I have just seen that. I had nothing to say. I left the single room that we live in quietly.

That night, I didn’t sleep. I was just thinking about the company that was visiting us the next day.

I wanted that job. I wanted to replace tears with smiles. I wanted to replace everything that was possible to make our lives better. And still, I was not sleeping and dreaming. 

Aiming at the sky, I was repeating the same words.

The next day, with the kind of interview experience that I had, it went easy for me in the first few rounds. 

Before I was called in for the final round, I took a deep breath and whispered, God! 

This is going to be my day! Bless me!

For the first time, I was part of the 40 minute interview. One-One conversations with the panel of experts. Having had answered everything that was put on table, I have finally impressed the people on board.

Chances are that, I may or may not get this one. But still, I was happy that I have created some kind of impact and the results were going to be out soon.

I reached home early that day, and gave mom a smile. She thought I had sealed one. 

But I told her, the time for me had just arrived!

She didn’t understand. But dad did. He congratulated me on my effort.

And that night, my phone beeped with a message.

“Congratulations Vivek! On being selected for Cognizant Solutions. For more details, check your mail ASAP!”


That moment was so priceless. Tears kept rolling down. But still, I had managed to sit close to mom and dad, planted a kiss on their foreheads and watched them sleep. Their dream of seeing me in a better position had finally come true.


This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave your comment here so that I can make my improvements.