Saturday, September 8, 2012

If It's not Forever. It's Not Love.


If you die tomorrow, what would your last words be??

________________________________________________________

It's just another afternoon in Deb's life, when a powerful blast rips across the heart of Delhi- Chandni Chowk. He is unhurt, but emotionally scared. Haunted by the blast for many days, he seeks redemption. One day, while wandering near the blast site, he finds a half-burnt diary, written by someone who died on that fateful day. The burnt dairy entrusts Deb with a strange responsibility- The last words of a dead man.

Shrey, his best buddy since college, and Avantika, his girlfriend, unknowingly join him on his road trip, as he tries to put together the pieces of the dead guy's intriguing story. 

Where will the dairy take them?? And how would it affect their lives?

The above is the description of the book. I wanted to showcase the description just because it drags the attention of the readers. It's one of the National Best Sellers in the recent times. But, I still wanted to promote this book for everyone I know. In that case Grapevine India is not going to pay me for the promotions of the book ;) :P 

Well It's all in all Romantic work by Durjoy Datta and Nikita Singh. My first read from Grapevine India Publishers. And I loved it all the way. It sealed a top berth comfortably with some great wordings I ever read. Kudos to the duo as they made a lot sense with their writings. 

The lead roles are Deb, Avantika, Shrey and Tiya. The dairy takes them into another world of love where some new characters comes in and they are Ritam Dey (RD), Ragini, Nigel, Piyush, Sumi, and Niveditha. 

Deb finds the diary interesting and realizes the importance of a dead man's last words and wanted to make his loved one know this. So he starts his journey to meet the dead guy's girl. Initially he had nothing to do except the name RD. He had to break all the codes to get to Ragani.  Deb and Shrey starts with a causal tour and then followed by Avantika, and Tiya. They make it a long drive by staying at small motels and have enough romance when they get bored. Nothing comes easy their way. They have had struggled at times. 

In the course of their journey they meet Piyush, Sumi, Nigel and Niveditha before they meet Ritam at Ragini's place. Where the story takes a U-turn. 

Finally last 30 pages will be on a high node with some unexpected happenings. Leaving these 4 in utter surprise. You can feel the excitement when you read the first 200 pages. 

Deb and Avantika, Shrey and Tiya, Ritam and Ragini. The best pairs in the story. Love is the bottom line. 

The most interesting part of this book is the kind of fun Shrey and Tiya makes which includes the make out at balcony which leads them to land in a trouble. While Deb and Avantika chips in to rescue them every time. 

 And I realized the fact that. If you love someone you better post your feelings to them. Because who knows what tomorrow has in stock for you?? 

The Cover photo of If It's not Forever. 




This one will be never interesting unless you get involved. It took me over a week to complete this book. I have had my troubles in reading this one. I went too personally with this book. Which led me to hate this at times when I started reading. But now I'm in love with the book and the characters involved in it. Roaring to get all the books of DD and Nikita Singh. I ll carry this on my backpack where ever I go.

It's a total entertainer. 

And I rate it 4.5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Leave your comment here so that I can make my improvements.